The Preliminary Round of the National Outdoor League takes place in Dublin (Venue and Timetable to be confirmed) on June 25th with the League Final taking place in Tullamore on Sunday August 13th.
This is one of the more relaxing, senior championships and a rare chance for athletes from different clubs to compete together as part of a team.
Photos of East Cork Division Athletes competing in Round 1 in Templemore 2022 are shown in the following link: https://www.facebook.com/460035501071941/posts/1278074439268039/?d=n
We hope to enter East Cork Division teams in both the Women’s and Men’s competitions.
The East Cork Division has its own singlet which will be given to Athletes on the day.
The competition structure consists of 21 events, with a points scoring system. Each teams best 15 events are then taken to give the final points tally.
The events are: 100m, 100mH (women) /110mH (men), 200m, 400m, 400mH, 800m, 1500m, 3000m (women)/5000m (men), 2000m Steeple Chase (women)/3000m Steeple Chase (men), 1500m Walk, 4x100m Relay, 4x400m Relay, High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Triple Jump, Shot Put, Javelin Throw, Hammer Throw, Discus Throw, Weight for Distance.
Communication will be sent out via clubs with a point of contact given for each club. Any queries please contact John Hennessy on 089-6039607
1) Both men and women will contest a 1,500m walk in the outdoor league.
2) The opening heights for the Pole Vault shall be 2.00m for men and 1.55m for women.
3) The opening height for the High Jump shall be 1.50m for men and 1.30m for women.
4) Senior specifications apply for hurdles and throw events.
5) All athletes must be 16 years or over on 31st December in the year of competition.
Note: In Senior Men Shot, Discus, Hammer & Weight for Distance athletes must be 18 years of age on the 31st of December in the year of Competition.
For County / Composite Teams the following will apply (East Cork Athletics Division falls into this category):
1) There will be a single round and a Final. To be held on June 25th / August 13th.
2) County / Composite Teams will compete in their own divisions. Best 15 events will be taken.
3) County / Composite Division will have the Top 8 go through to the Final, best 15 events will apply.